Compression & Orthopedics
Be Active. Feel Good.
At Promedcare, relieving pain, aiding in recovery from injury, and improving overall comfort is our goal. We offer many different types of braces, supports, immobilizers and heat/ice packs as solutions for injury prevention, pain management and recovery.
Compression therapy means wearing socks or stockings that are specially designed to support your veins and increase circulation in your legs. The products we carry are made to reduce swelling, manage tired/achy feet and/or improve patient outcomes from vein surgeries.
- Quite simply, gradient compression stockings improve blood flow. They are designed to deliver a controlled amount of pressure which starts at the ankle of the garment and gradually decreases as it goes up the leg. This gradient pressure promotes better circulation to help control swelling and relieve tired achy legs.
- People who have or are experiencing any of the following conditions can benefit from wearing gradient compression hosiery:
- • Expectant mothers
- • Tired, aching, fatigued legs
- • Swollen feet, ankles, and legs
- • Mild to moderate swelling
- • Stand or sit for long periods
- • Overweight
Additionally, many individuals without preceding conditions simply appreciate wearing our gradient compression hosiery. Most people love the way they make their legs feel. Patients should consult with their physicians before wearing compression stockings.
- EdemaWear® stockinet utilizes a new textile technology, Fuzzy Wale Elastic Compression, fuzzy corduroy-like material, that go up and down the extremity. Over time, the wales press into the skin creating a “cornrow” furrow. This type of compression garment is easy to put on and take off, cool in hot weather, inexpensive, and give useful compression to lower extremities.
- Getting gradient compression is often difficult to get on and off. We offer compression sock aides and donners in different sizes to help with that daily task. We can also help extend the life of your compression garments with detergent that is gentle on elastic products.
- KT Tape is an elastic sports and fitness tape designed for muscle, ligament and tendon pain relief and support. It is lightweight, comfortable to wear, and can be used for hundreds of common injuries such as lower back pain, knee pain, shin splints, carpal tunnel syndrome, and tennis elbow, just to name a few. KT Tape is made to provide stable support without restricting motion. The design provides more breathability and release of moisture so that it is comfortable to wear for up to five days at a time without itching, irritation or reactions with the skin.
- Your knee is the largest joint in the body and must endure your entire weight. It is protected by the kneecap and has a complex system of tendons, muscles and ligaments to aid movement. Because of this, and because the knee is necessary for running, jumping and other movements, injuries are common.
- Promedcare carries a standard knee sleeve made by FLA Orthopedics. It is a simple and lightweight, pull-over style with neoprene and soft nylon looping. It helps give a basic level of knee joint support when compression is not necessary.
- The Neoprene Lumbar Sacral Support provides compression to the lumbar sacral and abdominal regions, stabilizing and supporting these areas to provide relief from lower back pain and discomfort. The tapered panels contour the body for excellent compression and support while the ventilated side panels give additional support. Flexible stays provide strength and stability to the lumbar region and prevent the belt from rolling. Low profile for inconspicuous wear underneath clothing.
The OrthoARMOR Wrist Support is perfect for carpal tunnel, injuries to the wrist / hand and post-cast healing. This brace is made of a rigid plastic support contoured to the hand and wrist with adjustable aluminum palmar stay. It is ergonomically contoured with padding on the inside of the brace.
- ASO (Ankle Stabilizing Orthosis) is one of the most popular lace-up ankle support braces on the market today. Used by athletes at all levels for prevention or after acute ankle injuries, this brace provides eversion and inversion (side-to-side) ankle support while still allowing enough movement for athletic performance. This superior ankle brace is very popular in basketball and soccer, because it securely locks the ankle, similar to an athletic ankle taping, but does not contain hard plastic supports or pieces.